Student Challenge: A Circular Economy for a Sustainable World
Time & Location
About The Event
TECHNATION Canada has teamed up with Carleton University and Hatch to bring you an exciting National Student Challenge.
What is in it for you?
- Over $15,000 in cash prizing
- Work one-on-one with industry experts
- Connect and network with
- Real world business experience
Register Today! --> hyperlink: https://members.technationcanada.ca/event/circulareconomy
About the challenge:
Each year, 90 billion tonnes of primary materials are extracted and used globally, with only 9%
being recycled. With the Circular Economy model, we get to enjoy the benefits of safe
packaging without damaging the environment.
The Circular Economy has been identified as a major commercial opportunity and could
support the development of new industries and jobs, reducing emissions and increasing the
efficient use of natural resources.
Final theme and parameters to be announced at the kick off.
Schedule of Events:
- Kickoff Event: Wednesday, May 5th, 2021
- Mentor Sessions: Monday, May 10th, 2021
- Submission Deadline: Tuesday, May 11th, 2021 by 11:59pm ET
- Judges inform top 5 teams: Thursday, May 13th, 2021
- Top 5 Teams Present: Friday, May 14th, 2021
- Canadian students enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution (in Canada or abroad), and any student enrolled at an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada (incl. International students).
- Teams should be composed of a minimum of 3 and maximum of 4 students. Teams should be diverse in experience and academic backgrounds, as well as gender and cultural diversity, etc. If you do not have a team, register as an individual and we will find one for you
- All the documents that may confirm the Participant’s eligibility will be required prior to awarding any prizes (e.g. identity document, proof of residency, student card, etc.)
- Register by May 3 to participate
Don’t wait! Register Now!